"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.” John 1:14
For Jesus “to dwell” literally means he pitched His tent on the earth. In the gospel of John, we will have the amazing opportunity to see Jesus and to experience Him in our midst. His life and words will reveal to us the Father, inviting us to see God’s glory, full of grace and truth.
We invite you to come and see what God is doing in His Word and the lives of our sisters at WEPC. In the way Jesus dwelt, we too will be in person, humbly dwelling together. We would love to have you participate with us.
As we prepare to meet again together, our Women’s Leadership Development Team wants you to know our ministries will have elements that will be familiar, as well as elements that will be new. We have prayerfully asked God to lead us as we begin to gather afresh.
What will be familiar to those returning to our Bible studies?
- We will begin where we have each year, in God’s Word, in this year’s study: Come and See: Portions of The Gospel of John.
- Our vision remains the same: We desire to encounter Jesus in His word and in one another.
- The curriculum team is hard at work studying and writing material for the Fall.
- Each week, we will invite you to engage in the study, preparing in advance as your time allows, knowing how fruitful it is to our time together in person.
- As we encounter Jesus, we will practice dwelling with each other in groups around tables.
- There will be two available studies: Wellspring on Tuesday morning (9:15-11:00am) and Restore on Wednesday evening (6:00-7:30pm). Each will cost $35 for the year.
Wellspring will begin September 28th and conclude for the fall on November 23rd. Restore will begin September 29th and will conclude for the fall on November 17th.
How will this season be new?
- For the fall, we will not have assigned groups. Our hope is to leave space to get reacquainted with each other as we learn to gather again. We recognize you may have relationships to which you look forward to returning. There will be room in this format to continue those relationships, while also being open to new connections and relationships. We trust the Spirit to lead you to the table that is best each week!
- We will have table hosts for the fall, instead of small group leaders. Instead of a small group leader asking the questions each week, we will ask women around each table to serve the group by reading the study questions.
- In an effort to keep our gatherings simple, we feel it is best to not have weekly snacks at this time.