"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.” John 1:14
For Jesus “to dwell” literally means he pitched His tent on the earth. In the gospel of John, we will have the amazing opportunity to see Jesus and to experience Him in our midst. His life and words will reveal to us the Father, inviting us to see God’s glory, full of grace and truth.
We invite you to come and see what God is doing in His Word and the lives of our sisters at WEPC. In the way Jesus dwelt, we too will be in person, humbly dwelling together. We would love to have you participate with us.
As we prepare to meet again together, our Women’s Leadership Development Team wants you to know our ministries will have elements that will be familiar, as well as elements that will be new. We have prayerfully asked God to lead us as we begin to gather afresh.
- We will begin where we have each year, in God’s Word, in this year’s study: Come and See: Portions of The Gospel of John.
- Our vision remains the same: We desire to encounter Jesus in His word and in one another.
- The curriculum team is hard at work studying and writing material for the year.
- Each week, we will invite you to engage in the study, preparing in advance as your time allows, knowing how fruitful it is to our time together in person.
- As we encounter Jesus, we will practice dwelling with each other in groups around tables.
- There will be two available studies: Wellspring on Tuesday mornings (9:15-11:00am) and Restore on Wednesday evenings (6:00-7:30pm). Each costs $35 for the year.
- If you did not join in the Fall of 2021, you can join us this Winter/Spring. Please register below. You do NOT need to register again if you participated in one of the studies in the Fall.
Winter/Spring 2022 Important information & dates
Let us know your plans for the spring:
In order to help us welcome, prepare for, and serve everyone in this process of gathering, we would deeply appreciate if you would fill out the google form below. It will help us to know your plans, your masking preference, and an individual with whom you would enjoy being in a group. Any answer is okay! We just really want to hear from you. You are important to us.
Monday, January 17: Online Recorded Introduction for Week 1 Wellspring and Restore
We will send to your inbox an email with a recorded video intro/teaching to get you continue in our study of the I AM statements, as well as a companion study document (It will be short so you can print it yourself. However, if you need a copy, we will place some outside our office). Please listen to the Intro, reflect on the passage, and if possible, chat with a friend about the study questions. This will be a good way to begin engaging your heart and mind with God’s Word as we begin this new season.
Monday January 24: Online Recorded Teaching for Week 2 Wellspring and Restore
We will send you each another email with a second recorded video.
February 1: In-person Wellspring begins, with designated weekly table groups*
February 2: In-person Restore begins, with designated weekly table groups*
*We will begin the first week of February in person for both Wellspring and Restore, with some small changes to the overall format. We have heard from some of you, and we ourselves sense that now is a good time to begin sitting together in consistent weekly table groups. You will be placed at a table just for this semester, to facilitate knowing one another more deeply and feeling a sense of familiarity week to week. We would like your input in that placement. Please complete the Google document included in the next section by clicking on the link provided, to aid us in that process.
March 2: NO Restore (We invite you to participate in our Ash Wednesday Service.)
April 5: NO Wellspring (Henrico County Spring Break)
May 10: Last day of Wellspring for the semester
May 11: Last day of Restore for the semester