The purpose statement for the WEPC Men's Ministry is "to point men to Jesus Christ as their sole sufficiency by gathering together, loving one another, bearing one another's burdens, sharing in one another's joy, teaching and applying the truth of the gospel, and serving others above ourselves to the glory of God."
Outdoor Second Monday
Some notes about our gatherings that we know now:
- We will be outside, so masks are not required but still encouraged.
- We request participants stay socially distanced.
- Dinner will be served.
- If the weather is bad, we will move inside to the Fellowship Hall. But we would prefer to be outside. If we do move inside, masks will be required and the registered men will be notified.
- It is BYO-chair.
- There will be a RSVP for every gathering. If you would like to eat, you must register. We cannot guarantee there will be enough food if you do not register.
- We would request some help to set-up and clean-up. If you would like to help, please email Mike Glasgow.
The Second Monday Podcast
Season One - A conversation on the book of James
Join Gordon Collier, Elliott Gravitt, Joe Brown, and some special guests every Friday as they walk through the New Testament book of James and discuss its implications to the life of Christian men in the West End of Richmond, Virginia in 2020.
You can find the podcast on the WEPC website and wherever you listen and subscribe to podcasts.
|June 5, 2020||James 1:1-4||Audio|
|June 12, 2020||James 1:5-11||Audio|
|June 19, 2020||James 1:12-18||Audio|
|June 26, 2020||James 1:19-25||Audio|
|July 3, 2020||James 1:26-2:7||Audio|
|July 10, 2020||James 2:8-13||Audio|
|July 17, 2020||James 2:14-19||Audio|
|July 24, 2020||James 2:20-26||Audio|
|July 31, 2020||James 3:1-12||Audio|
|August 7, 2020||James 3:13-18||Audio|
|August 14, 2020||James 4:1-6||Audio|
|August 21, 2020||James 4:6-10||Audio|
|August 28, 2020||*Conversation with Ford*||Audio|
|September 4, 2020||James 4:11-17||Audio|
|September 11, 2020||James 5:1-6||Audio|
|September 18, 2020||James 5:7-12||Audio|
|September 25, 2020||James 5:13-20||Audio|
MEN'S ONLY SMALL GROUPS
If you would like to join a group of men from WEPC who meet regularly to study the Bible and pray together, contact Mike Glasgow.
MEN'S (35+) PICK-UP BASKETBALL
(Currently not meeting because of COVID restrictions.)
Mondays, 6:30-8:30 PM (Gym)
(8 PM start on 2nd Mondays)
Join us for a game or two and a chance to meet other men from the church and community.