Gospel and Race Panel Discussion
Thursday, April 22
WEPC Fellowship Hall
*This event will not be recorded or livestreamed. In-person only. RSVP required (see below).*
Please join is for an evening of thoughtful discussion with members of WEPC, as we consider what it means to let the Gospel inform our understanding of race in our current cultural climate. This discussion will build on the content of WEPC’s Pastoral Letter, and will focus on personal stories and experience.
The Gospel and Race: Learning Resources
For help navigating resources, the following categories may be helpful:
- I want a better theological understanding of the relevance of racial issues to the Church.
- I want resources for lament and prayer.
- I want to learn more about the history of race and its implications.
- I want to process these issues in community with others as part of a small group.
- I am looking for practical ways to pursue mercy and justice as I walk humbly with God.
- I am a person of color seeking encouragement as I operate within majority culture.
- I want help talking to my kids about issues of race and justice.
Meditate and Pray: Ephesians 2:11-22
Meditate and Pray: II Corinthians 5:14-21
* A pdf of scripture passages to accompany the Be the Bridge book is available through the church office.
WEPC Ministry and Partnership opportunities
- Food Pantry and Mercy Ministry
- Wrap Around Ministry
- PCA Unity Fund
- African American Church Planter Fund
Meditate and Pray: Psalm 78:1-8
For Younger Children:
Upper Elementary and Above:
- Heroes in Black History by Dave and Neta Jackson
- Heart and Soul: The Story of America and African Americans by Kadir Nelson
For further study
Podcasts and Sermons
If you would like to meet and pray with a pastor or counselor about any of these topics, contact the WEPC Church Office.
All resources included above have been evaluated by members of WEPC and determined to be helpful as we humbly engage this topic; however, not every resource will align completely with WEPC's Pastoral Letter, and all should be viewed in light of the guidance that document provides.