Sunday, July 31, 2022, 5:00 PM - Friday, August 05, 2022, 10:30 AM
The Landing: One Amazing Week!
The Landing is a camp for rising 6th graders through graduated seniors. It is an amazing opportunity to get away to a beautiful location for an incredible time of fun activities, music, and a central focus upon Jesus Christ. This week will prove to be a great time to grow in relationship with God and one another while having an absolute blast!
During the week, we will fully enjoy all that Watermarks has to offer: high and low ropes course, climbing wall, survivor course, escape room, zip line, kayaking, paddle boarding, swimming in the lake, volleyball, basketball, soccer, gaga ball, octoball, frisbee, blob, water slide, water trampoline, human foosball, fire pits, swings, maze mind games, and more! **You can also choose to do paintball for an additional fee!**
Twice a day we will come together for large group worship and teaching. Students will also do devotionals and other activities geared towards spiritual growth. Otherwise, when we aren't eating or sleeping, we're enjoying each other and the many outdoor activities the camp has to offer.
July 31 - August 5, 2022
Watermarks Camp in Scottsville, VA
Check-in/drop-off is at Watermarks Camp on SUN, July 31, at 5 PM.
Check-out/pick up is at Watermarks Camp on FRI, August 5 at 10:30 AM.
***Transportation provided by parents.
COVID tests are NOT REQUIRED. However, if your child has any flu-like symptoms, please show us a negative COVID test taken at least 72 hours prior to the drip departure at check in. We will be taking temperatures every morning so if your child shows a true temperature of °F100.4 or more, they will have to be picked up from camp.
I will email you individually to let you know how much of the trip balance you owe, if anything. Please bring a check made out to West End Presbyterian Church designated to "The Landing" to check in.
- PACKING LIST
WHAT TO BRING:
- Snacks for the week
- Sleeping bag, or sheets/blankets for single bed (twin XL mattresses)
- Towels (bath and beach)
- Casual and modest summer clothes
- Toiletries (toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, soap, etc.)
- Bible, notebook and pen
- Swimwear (one piece for girls and shorts for boys – no two piece or speedos)
- Rain jacket
- Optional spending money for snacks, paintball, T-shirts, mugs, etc.
- Water bottle for personal use (refillable)
- A few change of clothes that can get wet and dirty
- Trash bag to put muddy, dirty clothes in (let them dry first)
- Appropriate shoes
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- Fireworks, smoke bombs or anything else in that category
- Alcohol, Drugs or Tobacco products
- Cell phones
- Music Players, iPods, Personal Gaming Devices, etc...
- Anything of value that would upset you if it was broken or lost
- Please arrive at Watermarks on Sunday, July 31 at 5 PM and check in with Marcela. Your child will get out of the car with their things and be led to their cabins by a leader. You are only allowed to park your car and get out if you NEED to talk to the nurse.
- If you have requested assistance with transportation, I will reach out to you soon.
- We ask that if possible, you drive your child even if they can drive because the parking lot is pretty small. However, if students need to drive themselves, they are encouraged to carpool.
- Please pick up at Watermarks Camp on FRI, August 5 at 10:30 AM.
Complete and submit the Watermarks Camp Liability Release Form
You will also need to complete and submit a WEPC Consent and Release Form, if you have not already turned one in for a prior trip.
*If you are not sure if you have completed this form before, please contact Marcela. If there have been changes to medical history, insurance, address, etc. since submitting this form the first time, it will need to be completed again.*
- NO PEANUTS
Due to some kids having severe allergies, we kindly ask that you do not send your child with any snacks that may contain peanuts.
Our policy is that students are not allowed to bring their phones. If for some reason they need to have their phone on the trip, they should give their phone to their leader who will keep it safe for them.
I am so happy to say that Laura Perzanowski will be our full time nurse at camp AGAIN! Please email her if there are medical concerns about your child that Laura should know about. She will also be reaching out to you personally if she has questions and concerns.
- PRAY FOR US!
Please consider praying for us daily while we are at camp. Our desire is for:
- students to know God more deeply
- all students and leaders to be safe
- a peaceful week
- all students to have a sense of belonging
- all participants to develop deep friendships with each other
- good weather
- lots of fun
If anything changes, we will post on our Instagram (@wepcyouth)
The following should be used in case of an emergency (otherwise, no news is good news):
Isaiah: (757) 409-3805
Marcela: (804) 928-3156